Firefighters from three states were called to tackle the terrifying blaze at Avalon Resort’s “clothing optional” lodge on New Year’s Eve in Paw Paw, West Virginia
An enormous fire has destroyed part of a nudist resort after breaking out during a “Nude Year’s Eve” party.
The Avalon Resort’s lodge, in the middle of 140 acres of woodland in Paw Paw, West Virginia, burned fiercely throughout the night.
Firefighters from three different states were called to tackle the flames.
Pictures from the scene showed massive flames and plumes of smoke engulfing the sky, just feet from a large tank of propane gas.
Other photos showed a swimming pool in the background.
The “clothing optional” lodge suffered devastating damage during the fire, but the pool and the bar were saved, firefighters told the Cumberland Times-News.
Avalon’s website says it is the “friendliest, clothing-optional resort,” and a two-hour drive from Washington DC.
A post on the resort’s Facebook page said: “On New Year’s Eve we had a fire in the lodge.
“Thankfully no one (including pets) was injured. The aquatic center was not affected at all.
“The Nudsino needs some work and clean-up, but can be back up and running.”
It added that “the Bare Barn was untouched” by the blaze.
The resort is temporarily closed but its owners hope to reopen again soon.
Source: Daily Star
Original publication 2 January, 2020
Posted on NatCorn 3rd January 2020
[scf-post-tag output=”p” separator=”, “]
Reference to an article does not infer endorsement of any views expressed.