Diogenes Sun Club near Chalfont St Peter
Diogenes naturist club has 6 acres of beautiful landscaped grounds set around a large country house, excellent facilities and an active sporting and social life.
Established in the 1930’s, Diogenes has been at its present location since 1964. It is a members club which means that all the members jointly own the club and share the running of it and the maintenance of the house, grounds and facilities. We have been lucky to have a good mix of skills over the years and very little that you see has been done by paid contractors. This brings a very close community spirit to what we do and everyone is keen to see that the club thrives.
The club was founded in 1932 by a group of enthusiastic naturists after varied experiences at the Welsh Harp Open space and was at first based at Spielplatz. This was a proprietary club and seeking a little more freedom, a number of members left to form their own clubs. Diogenes was first based in the grounds of a property of one of the members, at Bricket Wood Common. Facilities included a pavilion, swimming pool and camping area. The club existed happily for many years and during the war provided a welcome escape from the bombing in London.
Today, we pride ourselves on being one of the country’s finest Naturist clubs and are very much part of our local community. We are still owned by our members, who welcome the opportunity to be able to contribute to the future of our club and be part of its history in the making.
Chalfont St. Peter
Telephone: +44 1494 857602