Forum

Another outing  

RSS

Peter S
(@peter-s)
Active Member Registered
20/09/2019 12:35 pm  

Several Cotswold rambles since the last report, so I thought I’d add an update on the latest one.

Just outside Cheltenham is a small village hunkered down in a valley, with a dog walkers’ car park in the woods nearby. Parking up I walked the road down into the village, up and out past the pub, down past the fish farm, and back up into the woods the other side - get the picture? Hilly!

Once in the woods I was clear to get naked for the walk. The path carried on steadily uphill through the trees; I last walked this trail back in March when the effort of climbing countered the brisk spring air, this time the trees shielded the sun so I didn’t get too hot from the climb.

At the top the path levelled out and followed the edge of the woodland,  encore eventually dropping back downhill. Winding down through the trees I had the whole place to myself, I thought, until a dog appeared round the bend just ahead quickly followed by the two women walking him. They smiled and said hello, then one did a bit of a double take, but they were quickly behind me and nothing more said.

A National Trust shelter provided a seat for a tea break before going ... uphill again!

This brought me to a road which involved covering up for a short distance before getting back across fields, out in the sun and a delightful breeze. From here it was back into the woods, alternating with fields, and a lunch stop in a sheltered sunny field corner, before getting back to the car after a good nine-mile workout.

Online Members

No online members at the moment

© NatCorn 2000 – 2020 – Legal Notice – Anti Spam PolicyPrivacy PolicyPrivacy Tools

If you experience difficulty with this site please notify us at webmaster@natcorn.org.uk

NatCorn acknowledges copyright of all photos and excerpts published on this site
If you own copyright of any photograph or excerpt used and would prefer it removed please contact us,
we shall be pleased to comply.

Last Modified: 

Scroll Up

Please Login or Register