With the loss of Polgaver Beach at Carlyon Bay there are no ‘official’ naturist beaches in Cornwall.
Although those listed below are believed to have ‘tolerated’ use by naturist, users are always recommended to act with care until familiar with the circumstances at each beach.
While we have included beaches of which we are aware, we are sure that others of the many secluded spots on the Cornish coast are used discreetly by naturists. Your sensitive use of these places will help to ensure that the present tolerance continues as all those listed are “tolerated”.
Don’t leave valuables in your car at any remote car park!
Dogs on Beaches
Beaches on which there is a dog ban are identified although we would not recommend taking dogs on to beaches for any length of time, especially in warm weather – remember their needs, particularly shade and water!
A full list of all the dog restrictions is given here.
Over two decades, the quality of the South West’s bathing waters has been transformed and the region now has the most Blue Flag beaches in the UK.
Now Beach Live gives visitors live information on risks to bathing water quality caused by overflows in the public sewage network. Overflows are rare and help protect homes from internal flooding but can affect water quality.
- Beaches – North Coast
- Bassetts Cove Beach aka Spratting Cove, Portreath
- Fishing Cove Beach, Godrevy Point, Cornwall
- Flexbury Beach, near Bude
- Greenbank Cove Beach, Godrevy Point, Cornwall
- Nanquidno Beach – near Kelynack
- Penhale Sands, Holywell Bay, near Perranporth
- Porthmeor Cove – near Porthmear and Bosigran
- Porthzennor Cove – near Zennor
- The Strangles, Crackington Haven
- Veor Cove – near Zennor
- Beaches – South Coast
- Arthur’s Beach (Sunny Cove), Falmouth
- Berepper Beach (Loe Bar), Gunwalloe Cove, near Helston
- Downderry Beach, (Lord Elliott’s Beach); near Looe
- Great Perhaver Beach
- Pednevounder/Treen, Porthcurno Beach, near Lands End
- Polgaver, Carlyon Bay, near St Austell – Beach no longer available! See details.
- Port Nadler Bay, Looe
- Porthkidney, Carbis Bay, St Ives
- Porthluney Cove (Caerhays Beach), St Austell
- Portwrinkle Beach (and Finnybook Beach)
- Rosemullion Head Mawnan Smith, near Falmouth
- Vault Beach Gorran Haven, Mevagissey
- Cornish beaches where dogs are banned 2019